Friday, September 10, 2010

One Year Strong

Ever since moving down to Salem one year ago, I have been on the hunt. Searching for Salem's music/art community. I've prowled the streets looking for a tune, unique and alluring, that Salem claims as it's own. I have found that through the cracks of Salem's deep concrete walls and streets, oozes something vibrant and pulsing, asking kindly to be seen, heard, embraced. I have been scratching at the walls in a desperate attempt to uncover what it is. I have seen shades here and there in places like the Wednesday and Saturday market, it's hue a cold chilled breathe beating out of local music venues like the Ike Box, Clockworks, and The Space.

I have designed this Blog, really, just to trace my thoughts back to one place, but also to see if it will maybe blossom and take Salem's music/art scene with it into something thriving and alive, something we can gladly embrace and call our own.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment