Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tendering My Resignation.



Well, it is bitter-sweet. After 4 years of living in Salem, I am off to begin a new chapter. The places I have worked have inspired me to pursue a desire I never realized I had for sound engineering.

Over the past four years, I have found and written about lots of little gems in Salem, I have seen the rise and fall of lots of promising businesses and discovered community, real genuine community. I have raised a family of three with my wife, whom I married here, and I have grown tremendously. I can say that my time here was one of major growth and I will carry what I have learned for the remainder of my life. The music and art community/talent here is small and poorly publicized but it is grand in heart. I've seen a band of kids move to Portland and shake up the Indie world. I have seen a small town writer land a tv and book deal. We have met wonderful people that will stay a part of our live forever and have given us great memories to depart with...

But, the time is fast approaching and we will soon hit the road, to maybe, get gone and stay gone. I can honestly say I don't know where we will be a year from now. But, I can say that I am extremely excited to find out.

See you in the sun!
Thank you, those who stayed connected and supported my writing efforts while I was discovering Salem and myself. Stay tuned for my next chapter, it has so much more excitement in store!

Sincerely,
   -Alva Valencia

1 comment: