Monday, October 11, 2010

"Band Buzzing" (a series)

First Installment:

When searching for bands to collaborate with and book shows with, I turn to the basics: the local papers, repeats at hot venues, word of mouth, good promotionals, etc. Very active bands are the ones to grab my attention. I want the band that's working hard to make themselves known.

Just by scratching at the surface of Salem I've uncovered these gems, thus far:

Symmetry/Symmetry

This is a band I discovered while booking with the Ike Box. Andrew does the booking there and also plays drums for Symmetry/Symmetry.

The Vicious Kisses

Sean and Nick, our lead singer and drummer, were asked to play acoustic guitar and keys for a few shows with this band. I caught their Ike Box show and really dug Mark, the lead singers, voice, and the overall energy of the band.

Norman

A friend invited me out to see Norman in Albany and I loved their set. They continue to put out great performances around town and are really keeping the momentum up.

Massive Moth

Doug Hoffman's band; they were the first band I caught wind of when I moved down to Salem.

Kopath Bear

I just recently heard the buzz about this band. They are working hard around town and drawing in quite the following even without any music available to listen to online.

This is by no means a review or a promo for these bands. I am only listing them because they have created enough of a buzz to reach my ear.

More to come.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment