Friday, October 1, 2010

Local Joe

When word got out that Trader Joe's was looking at a liquor licenses for the old building across the street from Winco in South Salem, my heart skipped a beat. The idea of one of my creature comforts from Portland residing here in Salem with me, was exhilirating! Now it's official, Trader Joe's is moving to Salem and I couldn't be more thrilled (except if Limbo moved next door)!! For me Life Source has been the end-all-be-all for local products in a one stop shop setting and I was coming to terms with it. But now the idea of local products available at an affordable price is overwhelming.

When I lived in Gresham, Trader Joe's was pricing a building in downtown Gresham but they voted to turn it down... disappointment. I had the same concern for Salem but the transaction seems to be going smooth... relief. Of course until I can walk into Trader Joe's and walk out with a months worth of 2 Buck Chuck, I will remain weary.

Pixeldjoe

What does any of this have to do with music/art you may ask? Well I'm sure that if I tried I could validate it with something about local artist needing local food to help them feel connected to their roots and blah blah blah. But the truth is... I just love local stuff. It's enriching for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment